Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And here we go.

Today the kids started the 2011-2012 school year.  My children are going to separate schools this year. M (my daughter) to middle school and A (my son) is still in elementary.

The journey started when M's alarm clock went off at 6:00 am on the dot. It sure did take an abuse this morning when she proceeded to slam on it.  She jumped out of bed and started her morning routine. A, on the other hand, has already set his pace for the year, slow and laid back.  They are not like peas and carrots.

After getting them on two different buses at two different times, my husband and I went out for breakfast like we do every year. We talked about the weather, we talked about the crappy food, and we (mainly) talked about the kids and their schedules.

Yes, summer is over. That means back to 4 nights a week of activities. Dance and baseball consume our lives. But they are worth every minute of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment